We are currently looking for a new food services manager. If you or someone you know are looking for a job, and an excellent way of serving the Lord, then keep reading.
The position of Food Services Manager is a part-time position which is about 25-30 hours per week. Usually no weekend work is required.
Experience in food service management is required. Food Services Manager will be working hands-on with some of the men in our residential program so this person must have supervisory skills and be able to lead, direct and motivate the program men assigned to kitchen duty. Also, we are looking for someone who is a good cook, innovative, and able to teach and supervise others how to cook.
Since we are a faith-based organization we ask that each applicant agree with our Statement of Faith (our code of beliefs) and be able to provide their testimony of their faith in Jesus as well as adhere to Christian conduct.
This job is perfect for retired cooks, chefs or kitchen staff. It’s also perfect for anyone who loves cooking and really wants to make a difference for Christ in the daily lives of people. It’s a wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord by preparing meals for residents and daily guests. The Food Services Manager is able to build strong relationships with the residents who work in our kitchen. If you think that you would be perfect for this position, please read through the job purpose and responsibilities.
Purpose: To oversee daily operations of kitchen including program residents and all volunteers assigned to kitchen duty. The kitchen, dining area, freezers, refrigerators and food pantries are to be maintained in a Christ-honoring manner (clean and neatly organized) with diligence given to using all the food resources that God provides to the Mission without waste, spoilage or theft.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Set up weekly menus for all meals utilizing all available food resources
- Supervise and maintain cleanliness of kitchen and dining area
- Keep detailed record of all food donations
- Insure all Health Department requirements are met on a daily basis
- Insure all food items are sorted, properly stored and quickly used or frozen to prevent loss.
To apply, please use one of the methods listed below. If you are not interested but know of someone that you think would be great in this role, please pass this information along!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 301.739.1165
- Submit resume to The Hope Center/P.O. Box 685/Hagerstown, MD 21741
- Fax resume to 301.739.1169
- Drop resume off to Administrative Office M-F 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM