We’re always looking for volunteers to help in various ways around The Hope Center. And there are many different areas for volunteers to help. But currently we’re looking for some volunteers to help us in a few specific areas.
For more info about all the various volunteer opportunities, please visit http://www.volunteerhagerstown.com. To keep up-to-date on urgent volunteer needs, click the “Urgent Needs” button on the top tool bar on the website. To browse other volunteer options at The Hope Center click on the “Opportunities” button on the same tool bar.
Currently, we are looking for volunteers to help run our check-in office, drive our residents to various appointments, and help with various maintenance projects at our facilities.
Listed is a brief description of each urgent volunteer need:
- 2 hour increments
- Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm
- Duties include monitoring residents and guests entering/exiting residential building, answering check-in office phone, and interacting with residents & guests.
- Appointments scheduled Monday – Friday between 8am & 4pm only
- Volunteers will be given 2 weeks notice of appointment times
- Good driving record needed
- Duties include driving residents to and from various appointments.
- Monday – Friday with possibility of projects on Saturday
- Projects only from 8am – 5pm
- Various projects could include painting, carpentry, small repair, and building upkeep.
If you’re interested, or know of someone who may be perfect for this volunteer job, please call 301.739.1165, email hagerstownrescue@Verizon.net or go to http://www.volunteerhagerstown.com.