God has given us many caring friends like you who make it possible for The Hope Center to continue to touch the lives of hurting people 24 hours a day, 365 days every year! Together we share the joy of laboring for the Lord!
If I were to ask you, “What’s The Hope Center to you?” I believe you might say, “The Hope Center is an opportunity for me to show compassion and concern for those who have lost their way and are seeking physical and spiritual help.” As with most organizations and ministries, everybody has a different opinion. I believe The Hope Center is viewed quite differently by our friends and supporters than it is by those who know very little, or nothing at all, regarding the function and performance of the overall operation.
- To God … The Hope Center is a place of refuge where His grace and mercy is extended to every person.
- To our staff and volunteers … The Hope Center is their place of service to those who are lost.
- To the men in our Foundations program … The Hope Center is a transformed life and hope for the future.
- To the men in our emergency shelter … The Hope Center is a hot meal and a clean bed.
- To our daily Soupline guests … The Hope Center is assurance of a hot meal every day.
- To the children attending Wildside Youth events … The Hope Center is fun activities in a safe, nurturing environment surrounded by people who truly care about them.
- To women and families seeking assistance … The Hope Center is the channel for spiritual, physical and material needs.
- To mothers and fathers of children living a destructive lifestyle … The Hope Center is often their only hope for recovery for their children.
Often times people refer to The Hope Center as a “Soup Kitchen” or “Homeless Shelter.” We do feed the hungry, and we provide shelter to the homeless. But if that is all we do, it would just be a “Band-Aid” applied to a much more serious problem. It’s all about changed lives. It’s all about the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to transform lives and bring lasting change!
No matter how you view The Hope Center, the truth is that this ministry exists to help the hurting, the hungry and the lonely. Our ministries provide hope to any person in need of physical, emotional or spiritual help. We know that God has called us to reach the least, the last and the lost by providing a positive and powerful alternative to the emptiness and destructiveness of this dying world.
With your help, and the help of all of our wonderful supporters, we can continue to meet the needs of hundreds of people in Hagerstown this summer and we can begin to prepare for the winter season that will be here before we know it.
Please continue to support the ministries of hope & rescue at The Hope Center. We rely on your donations of useable items such as clothing, shoes, furniture, and household goods for our Thrift Stores and family assistance programs. And your continued financial support helps to keep our doors open every day of the year!
The impact of your compassion and investment is felt and seen by our staff, Board of Directors and by those we serve every single day! Thank you for the difference you have made, and continue to make.
For information about how you can donate financially or by giving gently used items or food products, please call 301.739.1165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can give online through a secure PayPal account on our website, www.hagerstownrescue.org.