We are currently hiring a manager for our Thrift Stores in Hagerstown & Chambersburg. Please read through the job description & qualifications. If you are interested in the position please contact us immediately. Contact information is located at the bottom of this post.
This position is full-time, 40 hours a week, Monday – Saturday. There are no evening hours or Sunday hours.
Purpose and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage, monitor and evaluate the daily operations of the Hagerstown and Chambersburg Thrift Stores
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Ensure a reasonable financial return on store items
- Ensure donated items are displayed so they are attractive, neat and orderly
- Manage and serve as lead worker to subordinate store personnel and volunteers
- Ensure accountability and security of all store items and funds (including credit information)
- Plan, supervise and participate in the layout and display of store merchandise
- Must be born again believer in Jesus Christ and maintain a lifestyle above reproach
- Must have 2 years experience in retail management and merchandising (Thrift Store experience preferred)
- Must have at least 1 year supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of retail store management
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective customer relations
- Ability to evaluate overall store operations in order to detect deficiencies and implement appropriate corrective action
- Must have experience with credit card transactions, the operation of cash registers and excellence in handling money
- Must be a person of integrity, good character and discreet
- Must agree with Four States Christian Missions, Inc. statement of faith
To learn more about this position or to talk to someone about applying, please call 301.739.1165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please stop by our Administrative office Mon-Fri between 8:30am-4:30pm. Our Administrative office is located in the building across the parking lot from our Hagerstown Thrift Store. The parking lot is located off of Church Street between Walnut & Prospect Streets.